This is a fantastic trip for the whole family to enjoy!
Duration: 3 hours
We have two sessions available:
Morning: 9 am – 12 pm and afternoon: 1 pm – 4 pm.
Perth Kayak Tour on Swan River Details
This half-day Swan River kayak trip is run using open double kayaks in the Swan Canning Riverpark along Baigup Wetlands and Tranby Reserve.
We start from Garratt Road Bridge Park and paddle downstream exploring the meandering riverside and stunning Perth scenery – be on the lookout for dolphins which frequent the area! At the edge of the city, you get to take in both the natural and built landscape of Perth while our guides reveal the unique history of the area.
We stop halfway for a break where you can have a snack and re-energize before paddling back. While the waters are generally calm, this area is enjoyed by both paddlers and motor boats, so basic paddling experience is recommended.
What to Bring
- Shorts, footwear you don’t mind getting wet, towel, hat, sunscreen, strap for glasses, and a change of clothes for after.
- Dress for the weather and assume you will get a bit wet from the paddles.
- Bring something to drink, and there’s also time for a snack if you want to bring something to eat.
- If your camera is not waterproof a dry bag is recommended.
- Double kayaks, paddles, life jackets, and professional guides.
- Meet us at Garratt Road Bridge Park (near ANA Rowing Club). The Perth kayak tour ends at the same point after approximately three hours.