Hidden in Perth’s southern suburbs is the amazing Canning Regional Park where we run this half-day trip using open double kayaks.
Duration: Full day
Runs mid-September through June
Perth City pick-ups are between 7.45 am – 8.15 am or you can meet us at the Arcadia drive carpark, Shoalwater Bay at 9 am.
The full-day kayak tour concludes around 3 pm at Shoalwater bay and we will drop you off in Perth City around 4.30 pm
Perth Penguins & Sea Lions Kayak Tour Details
This is a fantastic kayak trip for the whole family to enjoy! Our bus departs Perth daily to Shoalwater Bay where we introduce you to your stable double sea kayaks.
These are easy to paddle and allow you to see Australian sea lions in their natural environment. These playful creatures love to swim and splash around your boat along with the dolphins. After kayaking with the local marine life, we then visit the fairy penguins for their daily feeding before sitting down to enjoy a picnic lunch.
The rest of the day is at your own leisure – relax in the sun, snorkel, or explore the island and discover many shellfish, starfish, crabs, sea birds, and lizards.
What to Bring
- Shorts, footwear you don’t mind getting wet, towel, hat, sunscreen, strap for glasses, and a change of clothes for after.
- Dress for the weather and assume you will get a bit wet from the paddles.
- Bring something to drink, and there is time for a snack if you want to bring something to eat.
- If your camera is not waterproof a dry bag is recommended.
- Double kayaks, paddles, life jackets, professional guides, healthy picnic lunch, transport from Perth, and admission to penguin feeding.